Wednesday, September 7, 2011

the idea of support and your/my success

I just read a great article by Nick O'Neill, titled "Believing my own bullshit." The title is an eye-grabber, but the content is the relevant part. Nick dives into support, and how many incubators have been popping up to help startups get off the ground, and give these dreamers the moral support needed when getting a startup going. You always think your idea is great...it's your idea! But nothing is great without belief, in yourself, and the belief people have in you. Here is my candid quick-pitch on support, and it's relevance to me:

Support is everything….how many of us know of someone who is down on life because ‘nobody else cares’? at the end of the day, we have to muster up the strength to pick ourselves up when ‘nobody else cares’, but for the few who actually do care about us, who we are and what we represent, wow, what a difference they make in our lives…I can point back to a coach, a teacher, parents, my brothers, friends, and now my wife, who believe in me more than I believe in myself at different sticking points, and how I’ve come to learn how important this type of support, even in small doses, is essential to my success, no matter how strong, tough or independent I think I am.

We all need a hand sometimes, it's just a matter of letting ourselves let go, and to trust and acknowledge the special people who make us who we are, the supporters.

No comments:

Post a Comment