Thursday, September 29, 2011

the facts....people under 30....what are you going to do with it?

Today, I read an article that hit home. I promised myself I would never bring negativity to this blog...my hope is, this is inspiring, instead of a dose of the same old crap....we need each other. We need to tighten it up. Don't be afraid of change. Don't be afraid to ask for help (I know I definitely am sometimes). Don't feel lost. Have the courage to engage again....with one another, in a meaningful way. Don't give up. Don't pretend. How do you want to be remembered? We all have critics...who do I think I am starting a social media site, and some righteous blog? Honestly...I don't know, but it feels right, and at my core, I want to make a difference in positive way for people's lives. I choose to follow my core. I choose to follow my heart. I am no longer going to dismiss the fact that I can't help in someway. I'm going to at least try. I am going to succeed. Because, why not? We can all sit back, and just wait for things to happen, but I'm sick of doing that. What are we waiting for? Why are we waiting? You have ONE shot. ONE chance. And, that's it. What are you going to do with it?

Here are the facts:

- The Verbal SAT scores for the class of 2011 were lowest ever recorded.
- Only 55.3% of Americans between the ages of 18 and 29 were employed last year. That was the lowest level that we have seen since World War II.
- There are 5.9 million Americans between the ages of 25 and 34 that are living with their parents
- Less than 30 percent of all U.S. teens had a job this summer. 
- Approximately one out of every five Americans under the age of 30 is currently living in poverty

('The Facts' are derived directly from: Michael Snyder, http://www.businessinsider.com/us-economy-is-crushing-the-american-dream-for-young-americans-2011-9)



What are you going to do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment